Thursday, May 13, 2010

Exciting News! (and no, I'm not pregnant)







I have been busting at the seams to write this post for the last couple of weeks, but I have been waiting for the right time...for the dust to settle.

I will start by saying that when I first went to visit Cornerstone, I silently prayed in my heart that I would love to work there. Months later we were packing our things and heading to McKinney to indeed live there. In the same way, when I started my masters in professional counseling I knew that I wanted to work with women, but what I really wanted was to be involved in the fight against human trafficking in some capacity. This was a desire that seemed so far fetched many years ago. I was not educated about human trafficking, nor did I even know a soul who advocated on behalf of these individuals.

But, a couple of months ago I started communicating with Leah Knippel, Founder of Freedom Stones International. And last week I became a Freedom Stones part-time, volunteer staff member.

That's right, I went part-time with Mom's Best Friend, only to pick-up more hours for no pay. [Curtsy]

I can't even begin to tell you what this has done for my heart. I am so excited about working with Leah, other talented staff members, and working on behalf of the mission of Freedom Stones. The company launched several months ago and are a claimed learning organization, meaning that although they have developed a business model, they are open to change and adaptation.  What I love is that I am helping with things that truly fit my skill set and background. Have a I mentioned that I am excited?

I could sit here and type a million different things about Freedom Stones, but if you have interest then I trust you will check out their website to learn more. And if you have time watch these videos!



There are a number of ways that you can help!

Should you have any questions or want to help in ANY way, please email me directly at courtney@freedomstones.ws

Breaking the chains of trafficking,

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful, Courtney!! Congrats :) I have a friend from college who counsels former child soldiers in the DRC...it takes a very special, strong person to do this kind of work. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! That video really broke my heart. Thanks for helping to remind me that their are lost, hurting, enslaved people that I should be praying and fighting for...

    Love your heart! It moves me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like the feeling from helping others!!! And it's the work that we dont get paid for that means the most. Im very happy that you found that niche most people never even realize they are missing. Love you!!!! cd

    ReplyDelete