Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Shaving and Silverado

Well, we had our first day with the residents on Monday and it went great! I can already tell that our time with them is going to be filled with many stories and adventures (i.e. one of residents really, really wanted to shave my legs on Monday!). Laura and Amanda, the two female residents at the moment, and I made dinner for all of us and then we just spent the evening lounging in the family room watching either sports or Disney. I spent the evening observing a lot and just trying to get to know each of their personalities better. I already love them all for so many different reasons. I can't wait to see how my heart grows for them over time. Tonight we take them out for dinner, which I am grateful to not have to make dinner for seven this evening. Who knows, maybe I am going to have five kids on of these days and the Lord's just getting me ready. Oh dear Lord, my knees just got weak.

Yesterday, my mom admitted my precious granny into an assisted living facility called Silverado in Valley Ranch. Two years ago my granny was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and she is now at the stage that she can no longer care for herself. The facility is beautiful and the staff is amazing and tender-hearted. But nonetheless, by the time I got home from visiting her and my mom, I was a wreck. Just having to think about her going to bed in an unfamiliar place, waking up disoriented and alone, while also hurting all at the same time for my mom having to leave her there. Poor Larry just held me through the tears. And we are not just talking about a few tears with a smudge of mascara across the face, oh no, we are talking big, shaky, ugly cry. But I sure did feel better after (the wine may have helped too). If you are so inclined, I would love for you to pray for my mom and granny (Helen) during this difficult transition and new life stage. It is one that certainly leaves me yearning for Jesus. His ways are not our own...

Again, I will try to get a few pictures of the residents up soon, as well as our apartment...and wedding...and honeymoon. Well, I just went and overwhelmed myself. So now I may just continue to procrastinate. How do all you good picture takers/posters do it out there? Hmph.

Happy Hump Day.

Signed,

Shaving my own dang legs

2 comments:

  1. Courtney - I will be praying for you, your mom and Granny. My Grandmother has been in the nursing home with Alzheimer's for 8 years now so I certainly know what you are going through. It is such a difficult disease for the caregiver. I will pray for peace for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become an affluent person?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://imacedek.jamminweb.com/cabybe.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete