Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Heaven Came Down
















Yesterday morning, Jesus carried Walker Jack Rainey home to heaven. 

Soon after Walker was diagnoised with a rare and aggressive tumor, the Rainey family contacted our agency to discuss needs for childcare.  I was instantly drawn to the family and the way that Chad spoke of his son, their plan of action, and most of all their faith in a good God. I met with the family in person to discuss their needs and I even entertained the idea of a way to help this family myself seeing that they lived so close by to my home. Walker was deemed precious in my sight from the moment I layed eyes on him and it was obvious that his parents swelled with infectious pride. I have since watched Walker's blog closesly, always waiting for the day that Chad and Missy would announce that he was set free from cancer.

I had always hoped that "free" would be here among the land of the living.  But nonetheless, today Walker is indeed set free.

And Chad and Missy's faith in Jesus continues to inspire and wreck me.

To read more about Walker's ridiculously beautiful and fruitful life, go here. I believe that their faith will leave you changed.

Please pray for the family's healing and that Jesus will be ever near in their darkest hour.

Beauty for ashes, Lord. Beauty for ashes...

**The first song now playing on my playlist is Held, by Natalie Grant. These lyrics are some of the only words that seem to come to my mind and lips when I think about the loss of the Rainey family. **

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for this sweet family. I cant even imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the song the comforted me the most when my nephew died. Grieving the loss of a child is one of the hardest things I've ever lived through. Praying for this sweet family and knowing that God is gonna do something amazing and redeeming in their hearts. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for this family. I have been reading their caring bridge page and my faith has been strengthened. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete